I had a few students who asked me some questions that I felt might be best shared in this format. Please feel free to adjust your speaker notes accordingly, if these tips may help your comfort level!
As stated in class a couple of weeks ago, you can have a note card separate from your other counts with JUST citation information on them. This is for your initial oral citations, which must include (and pretty much in this order):
- Name(s) of the author(s) or source
- Credibility of the source (why should we trust them on this information?)
- Name of the publication (magazine, newspaper, journal, book, or website)
- Date the item was published
After the initial citation of a source, you should at least reinforce:
- Name(s) of the author(s)
- Title of publication OR date (if the same author has multiple publications)
You MAY also type out your key word notes/outline and hand-write only your delivery cues. However, IF you choose to do this, be sure that your text doesn’t go beyond the size of the 4×6″ note card.